First, let's take a minute to look at where your monthly donations will be going. Below is a rough estimate of the distribution of funds. If you haven't already guessed, living in Germany can be pretty expensive. Not only do we have to deal with the conversion rate of the US dollar to the Euro, but there are also a lot of taxes put into place by the German government. (For example, there is a tax for every radio, TV, and computer that you have in your home!) Along with funds for housing, utilities, and taxes, I am also going to need some reliable medical, home, and life insurance...oh, and food. That's always important. :)
While this chart might do a decent job of showing the practical results of your support, it shows very little of the spiritual significance.
Remember that your gifts allow me to:
1. Follow God's call in my life
2. Live and work full-time with missionary kids (MKs) from around the world
3. Use my training and experience as a teacher and a coach for something bigger than myself
4. Mentor young people in what it means to live for Christ
5. Share the Gospel, the message of the good news of Jesus, with the next generation
6. Bless missionary parents by allowing them to continue to serve God overseas
7. Be a part of creating a safe and nurturing environment for MKs to live, learn, and grow
So, thank you, again. I couldn't go on this journey without you!
Now, let's take a look at where I am with the "Monthly Donations." Prepare yourself, here comes another one of those delicious pie charts:
As you probably remember, I also have to raise $5,000 in one-time gifts in order to cover airfare, apartment start-up costs, and TeachBeyond training at Wheaton College this coming June! So, now, it's time for pie chart #3...and, this time, the news is even better!
It looks like we have reached over 60% in the one-time support costs! God is good. :)
Thank you for giving, thanks for praying, and thanks for checking in to see how I am doing!