Monday, August 5, 2013

Ready for Take-Off!


Well, here I am...sitting in the Washington Dulles airport waiting for the flight that will take me to my new home across the ocean. Moments like these always seem to be such a surreal combination of dream and reality. I’ve been planning and anticipating this move since January. Now that it’s finally here, I can’t decide if I am living in actual reality or if I am just caught in some crazy dream world. I can pinch myself a hundred times, but I still have to keep reminding myself that all of this is real.

I’d like to thank you all for your encouragement and prayers along the way. God has shown up in my life in some pretty exciting ways. Two weeks before today, I wasn’t even sure if I would be arriving in Germany on time. And now, I’m sitting here at Gate B44—tickets in hand, suitcases packed, and a heart full of eager anticipation. Thanks for walking with me in the journey!

For some interesting airport items of note…it appears as if I will be flying to Europe along with a high school drama team. There’s currently about 30 high schoolers bopping around the airport terminal and all of them are wearing fluorescent yellow T-shirts. I wonder if London is their final destination? Perhaps they will be stopping to see a performance of Shakespeare at the Globe! :)

Otherwise, things at the terminal are pretty tame. Although I am getting some entertainment from the continual paging of people with really cool and complicated names, like Abdul Kerygista Thaileke Egimofor or Malcolm Sinbad Alzsakei. (I probably really messed up those spellings.)

Well, it’s almost boarding time. Please to sure to check in with my blog along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment